As the World Falls Down
Whoever controls the media controls the mind. - Jim Morrison
kittehkats:

Please Remember this Easter!

Easter Lilies can be fatal for your cat.  Every Easter, cats are taken to Vets and Emergency hospitals having eaten as little as one petal or leaf from a Lily.
From Petplace.com:  Signs and SymptomsThe primary toxic effects are on the kidneys. Within minutes to hours of ingesting part of the lily plant, your cat might stop eating and begin vomiting. As the toxin begins to affect the kidneys, the cat will become lethargic. Finally, he will experience kidney failure and death will generally occur within five days.Once you suspect your cat has eaten part of a lily plant, it is important that you contact your veterinarian immediately. If treatment is started early, chances are your cat will recover, but once the kidneys have been severely affected, your cat may not survive.
For cats, Easter lilies are very dangerous plants.  Even one leaf can cause dehydration, intense abdominal pain and potentially lethal kidney failure.  Please, please, please keep Easter lilies away from cats. Keep them in an area the cat cannot get to or better yet, do not bring them into the house at all.  If you see your cat chewing on an Easter lily, get him or her to your vet ASAP. There are other plants that can cause pain, primarily in the mouth. Several common houseplants have calcium oxalate crystals. When cats chew the leaves, these crystals irritate the mouth and tongue, resulting in pain. The cats will often drool and stop eating. Some cats recover quickly and others need medical assistance. Houseplants that can cause mouth pain include:• Peace lilies (Spathiphyllum)• Calla lily• Philodendron• Dumb Cane (Dieffenbachia)• Mother in Law tongue (Monstera)• Pothos (Epipremnum) • Shamrock
LOOK AT THE CATme every time there is a cat regardless of the situation (via sail-across-the-universe)

(Source: spockular)

culturacomparada:

Lolita (1962 e 1997)